Recent Posts

Friday, January 28, 2011

Quincy's First Day at Work for the USCG

firstday

firstday-6

firstday-5

firstday-8


I love this man.
I love that my camera caught these even if it was 5 a.m. est and 2 a.m. pst!
I love the pride I feel when I see him in his uniform every morning.
I love that he is excited about his job EVERY single day.
I love the gratefulness that washed over me when he walked out the door that morning and started this new chapter.
I love that this adventure brought us to a new place.
I love that I found his graduation program that morning that included the USCG ethos and felt nostalgic about hearing his company say the following at graduation:

I am America’s Maritime Guardian.
I serve the citizens of the United States.
I will protect them.
I will defend them.
I will save them.
I am their Shield.
For them I am Semper Paratus.
I live the Coast Guard Core Values.
I am a Guardian.
We are the United States Coast Guard.

I just loved his first day.
Period.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Wow. Thanks Kate for posting that. I love you both.

gail said...

What wonderful pictures! Love the site. We're sooo proud of both of you and all your persistence, determination, and hard work.
Love you always and forever,
Mom & Dad

Jenna said...

so cool that you captured that. you can see it on his face. so excited for you guys.

Jamie said...

Thanks for sharing this special day.

Miss you both,

Don & Jamie

Post a Comment