Recent Posts

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cheesesteaks.

Having lived in Penn Valley his whole life Quincy had never experienced a "real" Philly Cheesesteak. On the other hand, I had been to PA to visit my dad's family and still had a vivid memory of how good the cheesesteaks were so I was always talking them up. So now that we were finally in Philly together we decided no matter what time we left the airport we were going to find a place to get Quincy his first cheesesteak! We left the airport hotel first thing that morning, got a rental car, and headed downtown. We parked the car and just started walking aimlessly. We must have looked totally lost because at a corner a random man asked if he could help us find something! We told him we were on a hunt for a good cheesesteak and he recommended a few places but the Honey Restaurant was the closest so we headed over.

We got our steaks to go and headed back to the car for a picnic. As soon as Quincy opened his up his face looked like:


And I think he was hooked after that first bite. There is no going back to the wannabe sandwiches of the Northridge or the Steak Shop in the mall!
He decided every time we go to Philly we are going to try a new place so we can find the BEST one. Since that trip we have tried 3 other shops and its funny because the Honey Restaurant is still our favorite so far!

I think it was a successful foodie adventure and I cant think of a better way to start our new life!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

when justin was in philly, he said they went this corner that had 2 cheesesteak shops across from eachother. we saw it on Diners, Dives & drive ins and they found it! you guys should try those places too! you guys are too cute, ya little foodies. ;)

Mom said...

Oh man!! There's nothing like a cheesesteak sandwich. I love the sweet peppers and onions. I can't wait to get back there and have a good sandwich. By then you and Q will know the best shop in town!

gail said...

Just, Dad & I went to GENO's (on a corner) west of the Italian Market. The locals, swear it's the BEST!
Love,
Mom & Dad

Post a Comment